Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[v8) How can I create a product for a child company?

on 1/29/15, 4:40 AM 797 views

I have a multi-company setup where odoo users are users of the mother.

I can create aproduct for mother (which I am a user of) but when I want to create a product for the child-company I get an acces error that says

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Product Template, Operation: write)

• The child company is marked in the "allowed Companies" tags in >Settings>Users>my_user
  • "Multi Companies" is marked active in >Settings>Users>Usability ...
  • I am set up as manager in Warehouse, Sales, Purchases

any idea what the problem might be?

| 5 4 7
Lodz, Poland

On 1/30/15, 6:22 AM

Probably you have to fix the multi-company rule for products. Go to Settings>Technical>Security>Record Rules and find the rule named = Product multi-company. The default rule was wrong. So you change :

not willingly. I also wouldn't know how to do that, nor can I find any entries as the one you posted here. The only thing I can relate to is "yes, there is a Model called "ir.rule" which has a filed company_id .... but that's about it. No idea beyond that. Can you be a little more specific about what you mean exactly by your answer (in a way that someone with no knowlaedge in coding nor python might be able to follow) I have a module installed that adds functionality to Multi-Company Setup [https://github.com/vrms/odoo_multi_company_extend] though, but I doubt that it takes away any default features.

on 1/31/15, 12:15 AM

Answer updated.

on 1/31/15, 2:26 AM

thanks, that actually works. But ... I assume as soon I pull any updates from github now I am going to run into a conflict, wouldn't I? Also this seems to be a bug, so the best way would be to fix the bug in the official code I guess ... Can you tell me where this rule could be found in the actual code? Than I might be able to try and open an issue on github/odoo/odoo, fix this problem and make a PR. Also I saw about 90% of the rules realted to multi-company are the same. I guess the same kind of problem might occur with those as well, right?

on 1/31/15, 10:57 PM

do you think altering the 'faulty line' in /addons/product/security/product_security.xml would fix this on a code level? https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vrms/OCB/fix-multi-company-product-issue/addons/product/security/product_security.xml

on 2/1/15, 2:18 AM

tried to change the code in the product_security.xml but that doesn't fix the problem. If I look into the "Product multi-company" rule after I changed the xml code there is still the old code shown .

on 2/1/15, 5:26 AM

1) security code - note that sources has flag noupdate="1" 2) odoo_multi_company_extend work correctly? without other issues? hmm..I doubt 3) definitions ir.rule rather, it is not a mistake to report as an issue on github/odoo/odoo, strongly depends on the need, they may be different (I have several installations with different settings)

on 2/1/15, 5:43 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/29/15, 4:40 AM
Seen: 797 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM