This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I would like to discuss with people who have worked in openerp with mrp about the logic of databese structure of the mrp_bom.

I can't see one reason to make mrp_bom a 'flat database table' . I really can't.

It is nearly impossible to make even a little complex like bom and be able to know what is going on. What I mean by that is a bom that consists of other bom that consists... multi level. There is no way to know which bom enters the original product.

Am I missing something or what?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for your reply mate, but I should have been more specific, I was talking about openerp version 7 where there was no mrp_bom_line table. Everything was stored in mrp_bom.

Discard
Best Answer

The database represents only the persistence of 'simple' data related to an Odoo object/model.  Most of the time you need to review the Python definition of the class to understand how the tables represent a logical object that may not have all the information stored in the database.  All tables in the database are related to others.

BoM's are stored in the mrp_bom table and BoM Lines are stored in the mrp_bom_line table.

Using both tables, it is easy to see which BoM is the 'parent' and which are the 'children':

Discard