This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I used a ToS generator to generate some html (with tables etc.) which i would like to use. So i created a page in odoo 11 calld ToS. But how can i paste this html code into the page? When i use the website builder, it just shows me the code. When i change the html builder to input "code" (instead of normal), it displays the code, but does not render it.

Do i have to create an own module for such (simple) task? Feels very overkill for me.

Discard

Odoo Website Builder, as many other CMS, is not intended to incorporate and render pure HTML pages, but to create HTML pages as a result from a framework. Therefore this is not a simple task.

Author

I know some other CMS and all i know have such a function "insert raw html". I can understand that there is a framework behind which produces .html. But if its really required to create a module only to display html, i guess this is the wrong system for me. Can you confirm that there is no other way (e.g. addon/plugin)?

I did comment because I can not answer. I see no reason for me to spend the effort to find out. Odoo is a complete business software with an integrated CMS. If inserting raw HTML is so important for you, you may want to look for an appropriate CMS only.

Author

I am looking for a ERP, not a CMS. But yes, maybe i should split shop system, CMS, ERP and connect them together.

Author Best Answer

i asked in github if that is possible, which is (but did not tested it yet, i trust the comment as its from a contributor).

further information: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/23828#issuecomment-375283728

edit: just tested it. its possible to modify everything, very nice. as i expected, just a little bit hidden.

Discard

Sorry, I could not imagine that you did not detect the "HTML/CSS Editor".

Yes, it is possible to modify everything. But if you want your changes to survive the next update of the Website Builder module, you have to create a module or to modify your views update-safe in the backend.

Please read the documentation to get the necessary insight: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/11.0/howtos/themes.html