Odoo Help

User email to associate w/ Customer

By
Carlton Guc
on 4/25/13, 5:08 PM 861 views

I've been testing the email features of OpenERP and have discovered if I'm the "user", email goes to my Messages, however if I setup a generic email and set it to receive and create a new crm.lead, the generic user goes to my Sales | Leads menu.

What I want, is ANY email that comes into the system is associated w/ a client record based on email address and/or if a customer is not found, one is created.

So to be clear, I'm a user w/ the user name of carlton@inlinetechnology.com Any email that personally comes to me does NOT create a crm.lead, but shows up only in my messages. I want that email to be attached to the client record so I can track my conversations w/ the client.

If a email comes to info@inlinetechnology.com, then it DOES create a crm.lead. Which is what I want.

How do I setup OpenERP to ALWAYS attach a received email to a customer record that is in my system (or create one if it doesn't exist)?

Thanks Carlton

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/25/13, 5:08 PM
Seen: 861 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM