Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

use dynamic value in domain

By
codefans
on 5/15/13, 11:24 PM 1,587 views
<group>
                            <field name="id" invisible="1"/>
                            <field name="q_versions" widget="selection" on_change="onchange_version(id)" domain="[('sale_id', '=', id)]"/>
                            </group>
                        <group>
                            <button name="add_version" string="add version" type="object" class="oe_edit_only" />

there is a error, that id is not defined. how can i use dynamic domain

I am also facing the same problem...

Note: we can define domain="[('sale_id', '=', id)]" only in py file

when widget="selection" is used in xml, the domain provided in python file gets overridden

Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
on 11/26/13, 1:41 AM

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 5/16/13, 3:22 AM

You cannot use field id because id field is automatically generated by orm of OpenERP.

You can use active_id or active_ids which indicates your current active records.

Try this:

domain="[('sale_id', '=', active_id)]"

active_id alse show 'active_id' not defined
there is no active_id in my context

codefans
on 5/16/13, 4:46 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/15/13, 11:24 PM
Seen: 1587 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM