This question has been flagged
2 Replies

In a module I'm creating, I want to use a custom image as a button. I do not know where to save the image, and how to reference it from the view's xml...

The image looks like this, and will be used to fetch a weight from a scale into a field.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2rw2ueh.png

I've read about solutions with saving the image in /addons/web/static/src/....... path, but this kind of breaks the portability of the module. I want to save the image in a subfolder of my addon's folder, so it just comes preinstalled with the module.

What folder should I use, and how can I access the file from a view afterwards?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Ruben,

You have to create a folder named "static". Inside you have to create another folder named "description". Inside this folder, you have to save all the images you are going to use in the module. The file _openerp_.py is the one where you have to create the description and add the images, all in HTML format. To put an icon, you have to save the image as "icon.png".

Regards,

Juan José - Ing ADHOC

Discard
Best Answer

AFAIK the list of icons to be used for buttons are limited to those stored in odoo/addons/web/static/src/img/icons.  See odoo/odoo/addons/web/static/src/xml/base.xml lines 1145 and 807 (for v7).  In v8 they added images from fontawesome TTF for WidgetButton.

Discard