This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

I got stuck when trying to upload product variants.

We are using Ver12 (SaaS).

As we are having a lot of products, master data management is crucial, in particular when setting everything up (obviously). We are talking about shoes and their specific sizes.

Now, my idea was simple:

First, upload the actual product master without any attribute information. 

This would include: External ID, Name, Product Type, Internal Reference, Barcode, Available in POS, Purchase method, Inventory Availability, Cost and Price.

So far, no issues.

Next I would like to upload all the attributes. As far as I understood, as soon as you manually enter an attribute under "variants", Odoo will create this variant and the original product becomes the template.

I would like to add the following information: External ID for the variant, Name, Barcode, Internal Reference and size.

So, in order to being able to assign size attributes, I created them in advance and exported them afterwards in order to get the ID for reference during the upload. Size: 050, 060, 070, etc.

Now I got the IDs of the sizes and can, due to the external ID of the template product, create an upload template which contains the following fields:

product_tmpl_id/id, External ID, Name, attribute_value_ids/id, Barcode, Internal Reference.

So, now Odoo does create a variant, but doesn´t list it under the "Variants" tab (between general information and sales in the product master) but instead under the other variants tab on the top of the product master (between "published on website" and "0.00 purchased").

So, what´s the problem? As the variants are not displayed under the "lower" tab, they are not displayed on the webstore as well as the naming is not correct in the POS (Shoe 1 instead of Shoe 1 (050) ). 

Maybe someone can help me here. I guess I miss one of the field headers in order to being able to fill it correctly.

Thanks and regards,

Michael

Discard
Author Best Answer

After some more testing I can now upload the attributes right at the time when I create the product.

The issue which remains: How can I assign external/internal IDs for the variants which are being created?

Below the template.

Discard