This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I would like to change the standard_price of product to include the discount from my supplier. At the moment the standard_price is updated without the discount.

Where I can find the the code which updates the standard_price when the product is received after the purchase order?

Thank you

Discard
Best Answer

Is average pricing what you want?

OpenERP will automatically set the product price in response to each goods receipt movement into the warehouse (a Purchase from a Supplier).

At each goods receipt, the product price is recalculated using the following accounting formula:

NP = (OP * QS + PP * QR) / (QS + QR)

The following notation is used:

• NP: New Price,

• OP: Old Price,

• QS: Quantity actually in Stock,

• PP: Price Paid for the quantity received,

• QR: Quantity Received.

If the products are managed in this way, OpenERP will open a window that lets you specify the price of the product received at each goods receipt. The purchase price is, by default, set from the purchase order, but you can change the price to add the cost of delivery to the various received products.

Once the receipt has been confirmed, the price is automatically recalculated and entered on the product form.

To congfigure OpenERP to do this:

1) Navigate to Settings --> Configuration --> Purchasing

2) Check the box next to Compute Product cost price based on average cost:

image description

3) On each product you want managed this way, on the Procurements tab, set the Costing Method to Average Price:

image description

Discard
Author

Dear Ray, Thank you for the quick response! The average price is computed correctly. This is done when an Invoice for a purchase is validated. What I want to achieve is to save the last purchase price of an item in a new field. When a purchase order is validated and received, OpenERP updates the standard_price of the item but it does not include any discounts given by the supplier (Purchase order lines with discounts module). I want to know which part of the source code saves the new standard_price to the product. Thanks again for your help!

Best Answer

I have the same problem as Stavros. Is there any possible way to fix that?

Thank you

Discard
Author

Dear Athan, Our company can help you with that. Contact me at info(at)arinet.com.cy