This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I'd like to update new modules to Ubuntu 12.04 OpenERP server v7.0. Here the modules I'd like to add (beta apps): - App: Website Builder (website) - App: eCommerce (website_sale)

1. How is this done in the server command prompt? Is a specific directory required for the command? Should you do some preparations before doing the update (I've already done db backup...)?
  2. I would like to update only these two modules that I'm missing in the OpenERP apps, no other updates required as the server is running ok otherwise
  3. Is there something special with these 'Beta' modules with regards the update?

I've found several topics related but none of them directly helped me to get further.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi! I already try this kind of modules with V8.0. It was run like a cham, but I newer try to attach that’s to V7.0. If you can please try to install that for a brand new system. everything same like this: http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2012/12/how-to-install-openerp-7-0-on-ubuntu-12-04-lts/

except on: wget http://nightly.openerp.com/7.0/nightly/src/openerp-7.0-latest.tar.gz

download the nightly.openerp.com/trunk/nightly/deb/openerp_8.0dev-latest-1_all.deb

bottom of the page... :-)

and use it.

Discard
Author

Thanks for the answer. Ok, got the point and no chance to use v7.0 for this module. But is it really this easy (as per the link you provided above): $sudo apt-get install bzr $sudo su - openerp $cd /opt/openerp $bzr branch lp:openobject-server/7.0 server $bzr branch lp:openobject-addons/7.0 addons $bzr branch lp:openerp-web/7.0 web

Author

And further, above commands refer to v7, they should be changed to v8? And still, how about the existing v7 database 'migration' to the v8, is there any actions reaquired in case you have standard v7 without any own modules. How are all the cahnged configurations, master data and documents (sales orders, purchase orders etc.) available in v8 after above?

Author

What about updating to v8 from nightly packages by updating "sources.list" file? After this $sudo apt-get update $sudo apt-get install openerp Would this do the same or what's the difference? What would happen to the v7 installation?

You should try.... I think you need to understand the migrations strategy. (as usually). So you have to create a plan when you write down step by step the actions. (If you have a live system, you have a huge problem, if you do not understand the openerp system as well.) Models, db, work-flows, views, and so on. So generally very hard to answer your question...

Best Answer

Unless I'm mistaken, those 2 apps are only for v8 at the moment.

Discard