This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I want to update modules list for db_name for example via command line, how to deal with it ? should I switch to the postgres or the openerp user, wich command necessary to do it ? Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Yassine

go to the directory where your openerp-server file is situated

Type the following command

python openerp-server --update=your_module_name (don't use any quote around the module name)

Now in the browser whichever database you will try to use, in that database that module will be updated

Hope this helps !!

Discard
Author

Hi, The directory is : /etc/init.d When I type the command above , it prompt : File "openerp-server", line 15 PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin ^ Appearently, a syntax error ...

@yassine I think you are on the worng directory path, the path that you are mentioning is of the daemon file. You should go to the folders where the openerp files are located and search there.

Author

Yes you're right I went to : /opt/openerp/server, and I typed : python openerp-server --update=all But it shows me following error : Exception in thread Thread-1: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner self.run() File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 504, in run self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/service/wsgi_server.py", line 436, in serve httpd = werkzeug.serving.make_server(interface, port, application, threaded=True) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/werkzeug/serving.py", line 399, in make_server passthrough_errors, ssl_context) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/werkzeug/serving.py", line 331, in __init__ HTTPServer.__init__(self, (host, int(port)), handler) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 408, in __init__ self.server_bind() File "/usr/lib/python2.7/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 108, in server_bind SocketServer.TCPServer.server_bind(self) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 419, in server_bind self.socket.bind(self.server_address)

@yassine Is this the full error log that you have posted. And I am not sure for --update=all. So you just try for one module for this time.

Author

Yes, is the full error displayed, Because I was openning the openerp web client, while executing this command once, openerp web client instance closed, it worked, and it gives to me the xml error that I have, so, How to resolve the XML error is another topic, I will post it right now, here after the topic's title (DELETE A CUSTOM FIELD DIRECTLY ON POSTGRES "OPENERP7") , so as to find it, once the topic resolved, I will try to execute the manipulation that you give me here, and I'll mark your response as good. Thanks a lot Emipro.

Best Answer

Hi Yassine,

open the terminal

./openerp-server -u MODULE NAME -d DATABASE NAME this is also works try it..

Discard
Author

Thanks but it didn't work, I went to the directory manually, and executed : python openerp-server --update=all , I posted the result, on my comment above.