This question has been flagged

We are struggling to better handle the following issue:

1. Our client constantly update / change the requirements for formulas used to calculate values inside Odoo.
For instance: insurance was calculate as (price of the product * 10%), now it is calculated as (price of the product * 10% + Tax). Of course this is a very basic example, but the issue in general it's this: updating the formulas accordingly to the business requirements.

2. For every time the client changes the formulas, we have to manually update the code through a developer.3. We were wondering if any plug-in or add on could help us to better manage this issue. How? Updating the formulas direct in backend, without any development. This would bring much more flexibility and agility to the process.

3. Currently we use Oddo v8

We are looking forward for ideas.
Kind Regards
Bruno Gomes

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for your collaboration Khashayar.

The idea in general could be user from the payroll salary rules model of odoo, however the formulas are kind of complex with a lot of "if" conditions and "vlookup". I would rather use the excel template for that. It would give me more flexibility to perform the formulas in a easy way.

After some research, we found a library which interpreter the excel formulas:
http://ewbi.blogs.com/develops/popular/excelformulaparsing.html

I post an update as soon as we have more results. :)

Discard
Best Answer

I think if this is recurring for you, it would be better to write a seprate module in which you can define the formula of isurance calculation for each of your customers outside code.

I would think of a parametric formula module in which you can just write the fields you want to do the calculation.

Something like the payroll salary rules model.

Discard