This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have an Odoo 10 running in windows as a service, with a custom module. 

I have been solving a bug in the custom module, and I want to update the custom module.

Which should be the workflow to update it?

I was thinking in something like this:

1. Stop the Odoo service

2. Copy the changes to the module folder in the Addons folder

3. run the command:
    odoo-bin.exe -u myCustomModule -d myOdooDatabase

4. Start the Odoo service

Am I wrong?

Any hint is welcome

Discard
Author

I mean a CLI Workflow

Author

I just test the workflow, and it is not suitable.

If I run the command, the Odoo server will start, but I need to start the Odoo windows service. Did I make myself clear?

You run the command only to update the module. After the update is finished (see the log), you cancel the command and start the service again.

Best Answer

I suppose it works the same way as Odoo deployments on Linux. Just copy the changes to your addons folder. If you have changes in the data model, do restart the server. Then activate the developer mode, go to "Apps/Update App List" and update the app list. Then go to "Apps", choose your app and update it.

Discard
Author

Thanks for your answer, but I need to use a command-line/scripting solution because I am implementing Continuous Deployment.

You should mention that in your question. However, if you need a CLI workflow, then it is correct. See https://www.odoo.com/documentation/11.0/reference/cmdline.html

Author

I have been trying to edit the answer, but it is impossible....at the end I add a comment

Author

Sorry, not the answer, the question