This question has been flagged
1 Reply

something has happened to the OpenERP installation I have.

When i log in to OpenERP I get the following message

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'prototype' of null

After I clear the message the side menu and top menu show up but nothing in the main section of the window appears.

I can click on the different menu options but nothing changes.

I am running OpenERP 7.0 on a windows 2008 server.

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

I hope I am right in assuming that it is not a production server.

If you are learning, I recommend you install Windows 2008 in a virtual machine -- under Virtual Box, VmWare or whatever your preference.

It is pointless to try to debug install errors.

When you work with virtual machines you can make a backup, try some changes, make another backup, try some more changes, etc.

You can experiment, worry free, with various installation options until you find what works for you -- then back it up. You are bound to screw up. Knowing you have a library of fully working server copies available is very comforting.

Also, I found the fear of having to reload all my test data by hand to be a real inhibitor to experimentation, so I created a data pump to automate that.

Discard
Author

It setup as an evaluation server to run in parallel to our actual inventory system. So we can evaluate if OpenERP is a good fit for our needs. But this issue didn't occur as part of an installation but has been running since Dec '13. When the issue occurred I tried to restore a dump I did and it still occurs. I can go back 2 months and restore a dump and that works but then the data from then till now is missing. I even tried a clean install of OpenERP and restore the dump and it still didnt work.