Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Unable to import Products with supplier ID

By
Léo Galland
on 7/17/14, 5:02 AM 1,587 views

Hi,

I have a suppliers list difined in Odoo.

I would like to import products csv file with supplier ID for each product.

Here is a short exammple of the csv file I tried to import (file made with export functionnality) :

"categ_id/id","name","seller_ids/name/id"

"__export__.product_category_9","Article de test","__export__.product_supplierinfo_5"

The supplier ID is 5 in database (PG).

I couldn't import this file.

Validate message is : 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

If I choose to not import the last field, evrything is OK.

There is no problem with categories import wich also use database IDs.

So, where is the problem with suppliers import ? Is there a bug ... and a fix ?

Thanks for your help!

Silvère DERNOUH
On 8/24/16, 2:54 AM

A very easy solution for your problem is to simply create a column seller_ids/name.

Insert the name of your supplier in this column and Odoo link it to your existing supplier.

have a good day.

Leonardo Donelli

--Leonardo Donelli--
| 5 4 8
Cave, Italy
--Leonardo Donelli--

Physics student and part-time developer.

Leonardo Donelli
On 7/17/14, 9:58 AM

Are you sure you exported the file with the built-in export functionality? (with type of export: Import-compatible export).

Here is what I get when I export this way the same fields:

"id","categ_id/id","name","seller_ids/name/id"
    "product.product_product_48","product.product_category_6","USB Adapter","base.res_partner_8"
    "product.product_product_24","product.product_category_8","Graphics Card","base.res_partner_19"

Notice how seller_ids/name/id is a res_partner and not product_supplierinfo, which is correct: seller_ids points to supplierinfo records, and seller_ids/name should point to the relative res_partner (the supplier).

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/17/14, 5:02 AM
Seen: 1587 times
Last updated: 8/24/16, 2:54 AM