Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

TypeError: openerp.init is not a constructor

By
Mama
on 10/19/14, 3:12 PM 2,366 views

After install modules My frontend (website) load without css and js  and I see TypeError: openerp.init is not a constructor  in consol

How I need do for go to worked version?  Deinstall modules and restart server - dont help for me

Run this query:

SELECT * FROM ir_attachment WHERE url LIKE '/web/%' AND type LIKE 'binary'

You will find a few records like "/web/css/website.assets_editor/cc340a0", etc.

Delete them and the interface will load properly once again

Bole

--Bole--
| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia
--Bole--

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

Bole
On 10/20/14, 9:13 AM

check structure of file in your module.. 

there should be (among other files) : 
__openerp__.py   wich is a constructor / descriptor

__init__.py wich is (as the name said) init file.. 

i think you might have something like: openerp.init file existing in your module folder.. (wich does not make any sense) :)

Pierre Stévens
On 11/28/14, 8:38 AM

Hello everybody,

I have the same problem when trying to reach http://localhost:8069/web?db=mydb. All the installation works well. I'm able to initialize a new database but then, I'm redirected to a blank page. Bugzilla console warns me with a great "openerp.init is not a constructor".

That console indicates me the error is coming from a jQuery function inserted in the HTML page:

$(function() {

var s = new openerp.init();

var wc = new s.web.WebClient();

wc.setElement($(document.body));

wc.start();

}

From where do you think the error is coming from? Do you think is it a missing dependency?

Thank you for your reading.

Since it's JavaScript, it is a client side error. On another OS, I've tried to access to http://localhost:8069/web?db=mydb. All works well. To summarize, it does not work with Firefox 33.0 on FreeBSD 10.1 but it works with Firefox 34.0 on Fedora 20.0.

Pierre Stévens
on 12/2/14, 3:48 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/19/14, 3:12 PM
Seen: 2366 times
Last updated: 3/18/15, 11:36 AM