Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

two names for a product

By
andrew.jack9602@gmail.com
on 5/1/16, 4:05 PM 219 views

Hello

Is it possible to configure a product in such a way as to give it two names?
I would like my product record to have space for two names. The first name is the one advertised by my supplier. And I use this name on my purchase order.
The second name is the one I use when selling to my customer. And this name appears on my sales orders & sales invoices.
The reason for doing this is so that my customer will not know who my supplier is. Because if my customer knows who my supplier is, he will cut me out of the supply chain & deal direct!
So, is it possible to give one product two names?
Help appreciated!
Thanks,

Andrew
Mohamed Essakali
On 5/1/16, 4:23 PM

For V9 : On product view, click on "Notes" page and you will find two fields for that "Description for Quotations" and "Description for Vendors".

For V7 and V8 : You will find similar fields in both "Sales" and "Procurments" page.

Hope it helps 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/1/16, 4:05 PM
Seen: 219 times
Last updated: 5/1/16, 4:23 PM