This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello For OpenERP 7, how we can translate functionality to substitute its standard terminology with terminology that fits your company better Thank you for your help

Discard
Best Answer

you need to export your current translation. that will give you a csv file. you do your own 'translation' with that, 'save as' and import your version back in. I think that's the basic principle

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you gunar your answer works for then openerp V6 but i don't know how it's work for the V7 may be i missed something thank you for your return

Discard

hm, I think at least that is as it should work. But I didn't succeed myself trying it. Used a translation csv-file. made some changes using Excel or ooffice and saved it as a new csv. I could import the translation, assign it to a user but this user wouldn't load again when you try to log in. Maybe the kind of csv you need for this is somewhat 'special' and you do not get the right 'type' with a csv generated by Excel or ooffice? I had used utf-8 and , as separator ... sorry, stuck.

gunnar, I have had the same problem. Export a translation .CSV change one or two things and import it and the user will just be able to see a white screen. I can't really figure out why. I also used uft-8 and , as a separator - exactly like the export except a few different words. Maybe this is a bug in v7.

Best Answer

First make sure your user in Technical Features group. And then you will see the "Export Translate" menu( Setting -> Translations -> Import/Export -> Export Translate). After Open it you can choose the file format(E.g CSV File, Po File, TGZ Archive)

Discard
Author

thanks guys; I forgotte to make the user in "technical features". thank you all for your help. I really appriciated your assitance.