This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi there,

I'm new to odoo and we are thinking about implementing it into our startup. What threw me off though, were the labels on the generated quotes "Quotation" "shipping adress", "Sales Person", etc. 

Is there a way to translate these labels? I loaded the German translation but these labels were not effected by the translation.

Thank you!

Simon

Discard
Best Answer

1. Under 'Settings->Technical->Reports->Reports' identify your report (Quotation / Order).

2. Change 'Report Type' from PDF to HTML

3. Recreate your report from Sale/Quotations...

4. In your online quotation, push your langage link, then Translate button and then translate terms.

But if you use trunk version you can't save translation (maybe a bug in trunk?). In saas-4 works fine.

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

The German translation is reasonably complete. Please check if the partner who you are sending the quotation to has his language set to German too. That will trigger the labels you mention.
If there are still words that have not been translated (there are...) or that you want to have translated differently, then go to 'Settings'>'Translations', search for the word to be translated and change to you liking.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi there,

i was actually takling about the pdf-quotes (and invoices). Sorry for being not clear. But in pdf-Quotes there seems to be no way to change these labels.
Under 'Settings'->'Translations' I can only 'load a translation'

Do I miss something?

Discard
Best Answer

I'm currently evaluating Odoo for two different customers in German-speaking countries.

Odoo is, in fact, not translated to a sufficient degree, yet. It's (by my totally subjective estimate) ~80% complete at best and can be very spotty and seems to be clumsily done (i.e., not by a native speaker).

Maybe set up a community translation system?

Discard