This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi all,

I dont know y am facing this prob.. please help me.. translation in odoo is always a headache one... i cant understand this...

I have created my own email template and given the language spanish/estinol that is es_ES....

but it is not translating...

when I go to RFQ mail template and give the language to es_ES...

its translating correctly...

RFQ-

RFQ

translated as:

but for my template:

its not translated:

Note:

1. I have loaded translation for es_ES

2. Also found references translation for es_ES

3. everything works fine for RFQ template but not working for my created template

Discard
Author

IT is working thank you.. but why it is not taking the values from older ones... because both are from same language know... :(

Hmm well translations have always been buggy really.. I've noticed that if you ever have two translations for one language or two items do not match up the translations seem to fail and Odoo seems to fall back to the native language template.

By the way, since my answer worked I've converted this to the answer. Mind upvoting / accepting it if it has helped you? :)

Author

bug.... :( thats y I already said translation is a headache....

Translations are a pain in the ... until you know how to live with them. Anyways I'm glad this solved things! Thanks for the upvote & accepting and best of luck :)

Author

thanks for answer.. all the best.. :)

Best Answer

You should simply go to settings > Templates, find your specific template and then click on edit.
You'll see blue-ish button which indicates that your content is translatable. For example with an invoice that is send by email:

Click on it and your translations for this record will show up. Now just create a correct translation for your language.. nothing more is needed! For example in Dutch for this item:

Discard
Author

upvoted and solved..

Yenthe,,,chingam