This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am evaluating the timesheet module and it says its only free for 3 users? Do have to pay for additional users? We are relatively small company but yet have a need to track times sheets for contract employees who come and go. And paying $40 a month for some to enter their time seems kind of pricey. Can someone shed some light on this?

Discard
Best Answer

Using OpenERP for a single business application (module) probably isn't worth it - especially since online timeclocks start at less than one dollar per user per month.

It is when you integrate more than one application in the suite that you will see the true benefits - like a system that can mange all of your Accounting, Project Management, Sales, Warehouse, Manufacturing, etc.

Note that, as an Open Source application, you are free to use the system without a warranty contract - but if you are a small company then you probably don't have the resources to upgrade your system and fix bugs on your own.

Discard
Author

I am not looking to use it for one module I said I was evaluating the time sheet module. However to explain a little further we are a project and consulting organization and while the other modules would be used by 3-4 people, the time-sheet entry would be used by more people ie 15-20. Thus the reasons it seems quite expensive, time clocks don't work since these people are not at one location. I am also aware that even though parts of an Open source solution might be free to use as is.. there are at times modules that people release as "commercial" add-in's which are not. Thus my question

Author

Also when installing the time sheet module it says its free for up to 3 people, so if its free for more than that why would the "disclaimer" or notice be there if you could use it for more than 3 with no fees?

The disclaimer refers to the 'one click' install service. You are free to manually install modules and use it with as many users as you wish. I wasn't writing about a timeclock, but a website based timecard system that can be accessed from any location with an internet connection.