This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Think twice before purchase any support package from openerp. They might not deliver for what they promise.

They tell you this to get you buy their support

What have you said is not correct, You can make printing directly from Open ERP system and don't need to convert to pdf. Don't ask me how? For that you need to either contact our partner or buy support

they tell you this after they received your payment

Basically, there is not another direct way to print any report without create/downloading a report in OpenERP. >

But it can be done via web addons like you can refer point of sale module.

Such feature need to be developed that prints direct report instead of downloading it, but with the existing system concern this kind of feature is not available in OpenERP.

They said i have to develop a module to solve my problem. What kind of support is this?

Discard
Best Answer

Any kind of software-support usually covers only the system itself and the features that are currently available and supported, this is also the case with OpenERP I assume.

Do you really expect to get all the customized features you can imagine, added in the system just by buying a support package? I don't see OpenERP promoting or promising such service just for the price of support package.

The system itself is free for download, free e-books available, free support-community (the new question-based community works very well btw.) , system is open-source... more free stuff and customizability than any other platform currently offers.

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Discard
Author

I do not expect the support team to solve all the problem. Please do not put your word in my mouth. They the sales team are the one promised me to solve the direct print if I purchase the support package. But unable to deliver. This is actually first question I ask for support. There are OPENERP partners who want to sell support package supported by TinyERP, just to share my experience - think twice. You are the one to answer your client for the poor support quality.

What you mean by "There are OPENERP partners who want to sell support package supported by TinyERP"

Author

OPENERP partners can sell support package to clients.

https://www.openerp.com/partners

The OpenERP Support Team is 100% dedicated to helping our customers. You can contact the Support Team for any functional or technical questions and issues with regard to OpenERP development. They can help you develop custom modules.

Get access to our functional support services

Don't be stuck on your implementation project, we can help you.

As you go through your first implementation of an OpenERP system it is normal to need some support. We are here to answer your questions regarding the function

Best Answer

Completely inappropriate way to ask a question, but whatever, here is your answer:

https://launchpad.net/report-print-send

I am not sure if it is entirely ported to version 7 and I haven't tried it myself yet.

Discard

Thanks for sharing, I will soon test it.

Best Answer

Hi All,

report-print-send is not working on OE v 7.0

Try this Open any video on youtube and after that replace v="*" with "sUyOYgrIkxI" . Let me know if you are interested.

Discard
Author

Yes! I am interested. Why is it related to video on youtube?

So you can check and see if this is entirely what you are expecting..

Author

That looks nice. But the video prints from attachement. How about printing directly while creating an invoice or DO?

Try this open any video on youtube and after that replace v="*" with ZMwMQeL_Pd8

Author

Ok! That looks ok!

You can contact me at tarunbehal@hotmail.com . We can discuss about this in detail.