This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I get this error when I try to validate an invoice that is set to Mexican pesos currency, I have two journals, one for MXN and one for USD invoices, everything worked  with the USD invoices, draft->open->paid, but when I try the same flow with the MXN invoices it throws me this error, I did some research and I tried to remove my account's MXN currencies, even tried to remove the journal currency and nothing works, what can it be? 

thanks

Discard

Multi-currencies

Every transaction is recorded in the default currency of the company. For transactions occurring in another currency, Odoo stores both the value in the currency of the company and the value in the currency of the transaction. Odoo can generate currencies gains and losses after the reconciliation of the journal items.

Best Answer

Daniel, did you get to solve your question? I'm in the same situation. I posted some journals in CAD. But actually, they should be USD. These journals are linked from the Chart of Account, and Journal, which were incorrectly setup as CAD. How can I fix them? 

Discard
Best Answer

You should only assign currencies to accounts and/or journals, if you really know what you are doing. If you are not an accountant and you therefore don't know what to do, then do not assign currencies to accounts and/or journals or ask a competent accountant.

Discard
Author

Can I have a single journal for both currencies? my main Currency is MXN, but when I register an USD invoice in this same journal, will it make the conversion to MXN pesos automatically?

Or do you suggest having two individual journals for each currency?

Do not relate journals to currencies, there is no need for it. Please read the docs: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/10.0/accounting/others/multicurrencies/how_it_works.html

Author

What do you mean don't relate journals to currencies?, I've read the docs, but I'm not an accounting expert, the question is... does Odoo converts the currency MXN to dollars?

Yes it does when configured properly.

Author

Cool, I'm sorry, new to erps and accounting is not my main thing, hopefully I get this figured out, thanks.