Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

the report pdf cannot show chinese

By
SZE SAI CHUN
on 4/13/13, 5:23 AM 2,152 views

HI, I just try to use this program, but when I print out PDF file, it cannot show chinese font, what can I do?

Oliver Yuan
On 4/13/13, 5:51 AM

There's a module called oecn_base_fonts that could help solve the encoding issue.

How will this module help? I found a version for OE 6.1 but it cannot be installed in Ubuntu 12.04 (for example) as one of its dependencies, python-cairosvg, is not available.

Is there another way to implement oecn_base_fonts to allow Chinese character printing?

Victor Major
on 9/3/13, 3:23 AM

Can you please explain how to find and install this module like I'm 5. I have been trying for 4 days to try and install this. I'm using a Virtual Ubuntu BitNami stack with OpenERP 7. I need the PDF's to display Japanese character.

James
on 2/21/14, 1:16 AM
Olivier Declementi
On 4/15/15, 5:28 AM

Hi,

If you want to use oecn_base_fonts on odoo 8.0 you need to also follow this  : http://wanghenan.cn/2014/09/09/odoo-8-0-%E5%AE%89%E8%A3%85oecn_base_fonts/ 

Install is as easy as unzip the github project into the addons folder specified in your openerp-server.conf file.

Cheers.

Victor Major
On 9/3/13, 3:50 AM

Here is the solution that I followed ...never mind. I cannot post links, thus sorry for not having a useful answer. Do a Google search for cn openerp cn openerp_v7_oecn_base_fonts

I guess this was the link you wanted to post: https://www.openerp.com/apps/oecn_base_fonts/ just added here so that others can use it also

Laura Jarvenpaa
on 9/3/13, 5:41 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/13/13, 5:23 AM
Seen: 2152 times
Last updated: 4/15/15, 5:28 AM