Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
We are a food manufacturing considering switching from QuickBooks Enterprise to Odoo v8. We buy raw materials, we process them, and we make yummy products. I wonder if someone would be so kind as to help me understand a few high level concepts of how we might transfer our process into Odoo. Here is the broad process we use in QuickBooks in three areas:
1) We create purchase orders and send these to suppliers
2) When we receive goods from suppliers, we create a bill (i.e. supplier invoice), on this bill QuickBook has a column for lot numbers. A lot number can be entered for each item received.
1) We create a "Build Assembly" from a BOM to convert raw materials into manufactured items. QuickBooks Build Assembly form has a lot number field, the resulting manufactured product is assigned this lot number. This manufactured item is now in stock and we can sell it.
1) When we receive a customer order we create a QuickBooks sales order.
2) Once per day, we use QuickBooks functionallity to generate a picking list from open sales orders.
3) After items are picked and separated into different orders, we convert open sales orders into invoices and, most importantly for traceability, we select the lot numbers of each item on each invoice apporpriately (which is a column on the invoice just like the bill). Clicking on lot field shows all the lots available for that particular product along with how many are available of each lot, so we can easily select a lot (it also auto-fills if you start to type it in).
- What are the concepts in Odoo that are different from those above? How would we operate the above in Odoo?
- In v8, where do you input the lot numbers for each of the three moments where we record them? (i.e. 1. When receiving goods 2. When manufacturing goods 3. When selling goods)
- Fom what I can tell, in version 8, entering lot numbers can only be done through the barcode interface which takes 3 or 4 clicks for each lot number being entered- is there a faster way I am missing? Also, in the barcode interface, it doesn't seem to let you choose from lots already in stock, it just has a blank field that doesn't autofill.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 10/31/14, 4:04 PM|
|Seen: 2593 times|
|Last updated: 12/1/16, 11:42 PM|