This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

I have 2 companies declared in Odoo : company A and company B.

If I switch from  company A to company B, when I clic on "quotation and sales" from a contact created with company A, I get the following error message :

"following fields are incorrects:
customer account
provider account"

(Rough translation of the French message)

Is it not possible to look at what's been done with the other company not even to create a new quote or anything ? I would have liked to be able to duplicate an existing quote: to be able to do a similar quote for another client for instance, or for the same client but with a slightly different quote.

In fact, there's no interest in having two companies within the same Odoo instance, I can't manage to share information between both companies. I can't modify contacts etc

Has anyone managed to successfully use multiple companies within the same Odoo instance ?

Cheers,

L@u

Discard
Author Best Answer

Could some one give me the setup, he uses to run Odoo with multiple companies ?

Discard
Best Answer

In order to share contacts between the two companies, make sure, the contact ist not assigned to any of your companies, i.e. make sure, the field "Company" in the tab "Sales % Purchases" is empty.

Discard
Author

Hi Stephan, Thanks for answering. I have done as you said: chosing nothing as Company in the tab " Sales / Purchases" however I still get the same error. I investigated a bit further, and strangely if I list all the quotation requests I can open the quotations that I can not open from the contact. Also, from one contact that has only one invoice, I can open the invoice. The two others contacts (I've just started with Odoo) have only one quotation (each) attached. These are the ones I can not open the quotation. There must be something wrong somewhere ? ! ?

Hi

Choosing noting as Company in Contact only solves the problem, that contacts are only visible from one specific company (or children thereof). It has no impact whatsoever on any other object.

I solved my problems meanwhile as follows:

In Settings, Security, Data Access I chose all rules with "multi" (company) in their title. Then I do the following on each rule:
  • Edit the rule and disallow read access
  • Save the rule
  • Duplicate the rule
  • Rename the rule, i.e. add "(sibling)"
  • Change all Permission Checkboxes, i.e. only Read Access is ticked
  • Add the following condition to the Domain Filter: "('company_id', 'in', [company.id for company in user.company_ids])". You will have to add another OR condition in front, i.e. '|'
  • Save the new rule

Check all forms, you may have to add more rules (as above).

I restricted the access to other companies data to read access. I guess that harmful things happen, if you are logged in with one company and edit/create obejcts of another company.

Kind regards
Stephan

Am 16.10.2014 um 10:13 schrieb ComputingFroggy <lroche@consultant.com>:

Hi Stephan, Thanks for answering. I have done as you said: chosing nothing as Company in the tab " Sales / Purchases" however I still get the same error. I investigated a bit further, and strangely if I list all the quotation requests I can open the quotations that I can not open from the contact. Also, from one contact that has only one invoice, I can open the invoice. The two others contacts (I've just started with Odoo) have only one quotation (each) attached. These are the ones I can not open the quotation. There must be something wrong somewhere ? ! ?

--
ComputingFroggy
Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post False