This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Dear All,

I trying for a refund of the supplier invoice which is in open state.This invoice is validated and the invoice total amount matches with the amount I entered in the Verification total field.

I clicked on 'Ask Refund' button and I get refund invoice window. I have selected the refund method as ' Cancel: create refund and reconcile'. After entering the Reason field, I clicked the button 'Create Refund'. But I get the message :

'Bad Total! Please verify the price of the invoice! The encoded total does not match the computed total.

I would appreciate any help in solving the issue.

Regards

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Verification Total of the invoice and Total should be same while validating the Invoice. Check your Total of the invoice and add the same amount in Verification Total.

Discard
Author

The Validation in Invoice is working properly as the Verification total matches with Invoice Total. The issue occurs during refund process as mentioned in my posting. Please inform if you have a solution.

For Refund invoice also, there is verification total which should match with Total.Refer the link: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0f42iqcsee

Author

Thank you very much for the quick response and sharing the screenshot. Looks like you have selected the refund method as draft refund. As you would note from my posting, the issue is seen when you select the refund method as ' Cancel: create refund and reconcile' and hit the create refund button. I would appreciate your response.

I have done the same after Ask Refund -> refund method as ' Cancel: create refund and reconcile' -> add reason -> Create Refund, but din't face any issue. When you click on "Create Refund" , it will create Refund Invoice with the same verification total of the invoice and refund invoice. There may be possible Verification Total of invoice does not match the Total and that is why you encountered the issue. You can check the method "compute_refund" of account/wizard/account_invoice_refund.py. (line:160)

Author

Thank you again for your response. As you would see Verification Total and the Total of invoices match as shown in the screenshot in the link: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0512is662d. I have verified the method 'compute_refund' but did not find any flaw. Any thing else you suggest after seeing the screenshot?

inv_obj.write(cr, uid, [refund.id], {'date_due': date, 'check_total': inv.check_total}) This line add Verification Total in Refund from the Invoice. You need to check technically why you are not getting the correct amount. You can "print inv.check_total" and check.