This question has been flagged

I've been developing my own bootstrap theme for odoo v9.  I ran into an issue where I had added all of my theme snippets as structure, since the theme tutorial doesn't really explain the differences.  After many hours of creating a website, getting the front page looking like I wanted, I went to edit a secondary page.  unfortunately the front page structure followed to my secondary page, because I had used the structure subsection.  After more troubleshooting, I discovered that structure seems to edit website.layout, and follow you to subsequent pages.  I should have used feature as my category.  feature snippets only stay on the page you are editing. Perhaps someone could fully document this?

Discard
Author

Further exploration. It appears only the snippets I've added in my theme's snippets.xml file are the only ones that while in the structure tab, would merge into website.layout, following from page to page. The built-in snippets under structure don't seem to have that issue. I was able to add a default structure snippet, and it only added to the page I was working on. here is an example of one of my snippets:

<xpath expr="//div[@id='snippet_feature']/div[2]" position="inside">

Author

well, ignore that, apparently you can't post code in a comment...this help forum leaves a lot to be desired.