This question has been flagged
1 Reply

In the object hr.salary.rule in field amount_python_compute I need to transform a string into a integer.

I tried

int('12')
float('12')
eval('12')
import ast 
ast.literal_eval("12")

but none of these works.

Discard

Did you make a custom module, do you change it in the XML, But most important, what is the errormessage(s) and what is in the logfile?

Author

it just throw the exception of file hr_payroll.py of the funcion compute_rule raise osv.except_osv(_('Error!'), _('Wrong python code defined for salary rule %s (%s).')% (rule.name, rule.code))

Author

I just found a workaround

Author Best Answer

you can modify the code in server\openerp\tools\safe_eval.py in function safe_eval in the dictionary variable __builtins__ add:

'int':int

this is the dictionary __builtins__ to note the available functions plus int, those are the funtions that you can use in any module that use safe_eval

__builtins__ = {
            '__import__': _import,
            'True': True,
            'False': False,
            'None': None,
            'str': str,
            'globals': locals,
            'locals': locals,
            'bool': bool,
            'dict': dict,
            'list': list,
            'tuple': tuple,
            'map': map,
            'abs': abs,
            'min': min,
            'max': max,
            'reduce': reduce,
            'filter': filter,
            'round': round,
            'len': len,
            'set' : set,
            'int': int
        }

In my opinion this should be implemented in a launchpad branch as I believe int function have no security risks and is a very common function

Discard

If you modify the code in the given location, you might loose your modifications when you upgrade your installation of openERP.

Author

you would certainly lose the modifications and you have to copy that again, or make a custom module.