Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Stolen Products

By
Mohammad M Omar
on 7/20/16, 2:28 AM 239 views

How to full manage stolen products in inventory and accounting?

Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim

--Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim--
| 5 3 7
Gîza, Egypt
--Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim--

I am an old VFP developer on ERP

I have moved to 2p since Nov-2014 and started developing with Python on Odoo.

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/public-profile-settings?trk=prof-edit-edit-public_profile

tibrahim@2p.com.sa

Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim
On 7/20/16, 3:01 AM

I think you can create a new account as a child of 'Inventory Loss' and name it 'Stolen Products'. You can add transactions by making the new account as Debit and the Inventory account as Credit

Update:

In Odoo, Inventory behaves same as accounting. 

You have to make your inventory as 'Multi Warehouse'

Create a specific warehouse and name it 'Stolen products', make it virtual

when some products are stolen, then make a stock move from the main warehouse to the 'Stolen products' warehouse

If you examined the delivery to the customers transaction you will notice that there is a warehouse called 'Customers', this is a virtual warehouse

for more info pls check this link

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/functional/double-entry.html

I think you can create a new account as a child of 'Inventory Loss' and name it 'Stolen Products'. You can add transactions by making the new account as Debit and the Inventory account as Credit

Mohammad M Omar
on 7/20/16, 3:17 AM
Mohammad M Omar
On 7/20/16, 3:16 AM

Thanks Tarek, this is for accounting but in inventory what i must do on it?

Regards,

Mohammad M Omar
on 7/20/16, 3:16 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/20/16, 2:28 AM
Seen: 239 times
Last updated: 7/20/16, 3:16 AM