This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi

Is there an easy way to achieve that we always use the nightly build in our v7 ? I can see a lot of bugfixes i need in the never version (nightly builds) than i see our version we have on our server....

Thanks a lot David

Discard

I don't think this is good for production instalation. Builds fix bugs, shure, but contains new one as well. Also consider, your workarounds for known issues may stop working next morning.

Best Answer

The best way is to use sources from http://launchpad.net.

this way you just need a "bzr pull" to fetch latest updates.

you also have to update your db running openerp from the shell passing -u all -d your_db_name

you can do this on Windows too (if this is the case)

The main branches you need to download are:

1. bzr branch lp:openobject-server/7.0 server
2. bzr branch lp:openobject-addons/7.0 addons
3. bzr branch lp:openerp-web/7.0 web
Discard

How I have to proceed in case I've more than 1 db on my server ? It's possibile to do something like "-u all -d all"

Best Answer

On Linux, add the nightly to your sources.lst. Than you can do sudo apt-get update to get the definition, and sudo apt-gt upgrade to do the upgrade of all the code (including openERP). I have specified this procedure before on this help-forum.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi

Thank you for the fast answer. So i just have to stay in /opt/openerp/server/openerp an use bzr pull - correct?

Or do i also after that have to use the 3 mentioned bzr branch commands?

To update the Database i use which shell command exactly?

Thanks for your help. David

Discard

you can run "bzr pull" only if you're already using launchpad's sources (can't run that with tarballs from openerp.com).

if you're not using launchpad sources, run the command mentioned above and modify your init.d and config files to point the new folders. after that you'll have to run "openerp-server --addons-path=/path/to/addons/folder,/path/to/web/client/addons/folder -u all -d db_namse". you probably have to add also -r postgres_user -w postgres_password --db_host=localhost. but this depends on your postgresql configuration

forgot to say: you have to run "bzr pull" from withing server, addons and web folder separately