This question has been flagged
3 Replies

hi guys, I'm looking for an Odoo on-line v12's standard search "and" operator.
I've a customer with thousands of products and dozens of searches every day... and we're loosing it.
They need to search their catalog by different words in the product description.
I need a faster way other than... clic on advanced search... drop down... search for description... drop down... select contains... type keyword... clic on apply... and repeat it four or five times, one for each keyword.
I've been digging for a while, but can't find anything about it.
Any help would be really appreciated.

Discard

Why do you use advanced search for that goal? A few hints regarding:

1. You can just type in the omnibox a key word and select a field among which to search. Name, internal reference, and so on are among standard search (not advanced). Moreover, Odoo tries to fetch fields which applicable for your search criteria (so your choice is narrowed). You can also add other search fields there by extending product search view

2. You can apply some default / favourite filters. After applying the advanced search save it as a favourite, and then, apply it in 2 clicks in all future cases.

3. To simplify search you can also narrow it by categories before. For example, this app https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/12.0/product_management/ is to apply search using the left navigation panel by categories and tags.

Author Best Answer

hi guys,
I reviewed the three alternatives you mentioned, but none them fulfills our goal.
This is like a case of tags searching, instead selecting them in an options tree (like the left panel in the app), otherwise it's impractical for our customer, as they've different kinds of products with different keywords (like tags) in their names.
Maybe I didn't explained myself... they don't wanna use advanced search at all.
All they need is to type three to six words in the product list search and find all that matches (that's why they wanna use an AND instead an OR).  By now, every time they type another word, it's parsed with an OR, and so the resulting search list is useless for them.

Discard