Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[SOLVED] What directions to take to create my own OpenERP Webservice ?

By
Fabien MAHUT
on 8/21/14, 6:16 AM 1,151 views

Hi everyone,

I am willing to create a webservice based on an OpenERP database.

OpenERP is an interesting framework but is not adapted to the use I intend to do. I want my solution to provide a website with tables and forms, but OpenERP default website does not fulfills my need, because of vocabulary, unnecessary fields, rigid workflows, relationship between Product, BOM, DMS instances, issue tracker; etc..

That is why I would like to know what are my possibilities to have a homemade webservice relevent to my needs, or how far can I modify openerp's default one.

Good to know : I know that OpenERP is able to communicate via XML-RCP and JSON-RPC (thanks to odoo documentation), but I don't know what to do with that, and how to create my own webservice out of that.

I am not yet familiar with advanced python or xml language but the matter is more to get to know what to do rather than how to do it with code.

Thanks a lot,

Fabien

ThackerS (ts)
On 8/21/14, 10:19 AM

Dear Fabien,

I understand your need. Really, you don't need to create another webservice. You can use XML-RPC.
If your cutsom website is coded in PHP, i recommend you to use the library PHPXML-RPC. Please download the 2.2.2 version.
With this library, you can do anything from your website. To understand its running, read this article.
Best regards.

Thank you for your advice, I might have mistaken with terminologies. I will now talk about creating a website rather than a webservice. Anyway, your aswer helped me, I will certainly develop a website with PHP using XML-RPC webservice to connect to OpenERP. Best regards.

Fabien MAHUT
on 8/22/14, 4:42 AM

@fabien: good luck.

ThackerS (ts)
on 8/22/14, 9:20 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/21/14, 6:16 AM
Seen: 1151 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM