This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi everyone,

I am willing to create a webservice based on an OpenERP database.

OpenERP is an interesting framework but is not adapted to the use I intend to do. I want my solution to provide a website with tables and forms, but OpenERP default website does not fulfills my need, because of vocabulary, unnecessary fields, rigid workflows, relationship between Product, BOM, DMS instances, issue tracker; etc..

That is why I would like to know what are my possibilities to have a homemade webservice relevent to my needs, or how far can I modify openerp's default one.

Good to know : I know that OpenERP is able to communicate via XML-RCP and JSON-RPC (thanks to odoo documentation), but I don't know what to do with that, and how to create my own webservice out of that.

I am not yet familiar with advanced python or xml language but the matter is more to get to know what to do rather than how to do it with code.

Thanks a lot,

Fabien

Discard
Best Answer

Dear Fabien,

I understand your need. Really, you don't need to create another webservice. You can use XML-RPC.
If your cutsom website is coded in PHP, i recommend you to use the library PHPXML-RPC. Please download the 2.2.2 version.
With this library, you can do anything from your website. To understand its running, read this article.
Best regards.

Discard
Author

Thank you for your advice, I might have mistaken with terminologies. I will now talk about creating a website rather than a webservice. Anyway, your aswer helped me, I will certainly develop a website with PHP using XML-RPC webservice to connect to OpenERP. Best regards.

@fabien: good luck.