This question has been flagged

Well, as the title states it, I have migrated a database I was using on OpenERP 7 to Odoo 8.

To do so, I have used csv files to migrate my custom tables, leaving everything internal to Odoo as it already was.

But when I do an --update base or --update all, it gets stuck at the line "Computing parent_left and parent_right for table ir_ui_menu..."

I tried deleting all rows from the table. It gets recreated all right, and if I look at the parent_left and parent_right columns, they are already filled.
When looking at the process resources use, it doesn't use neither the cpu or the hard drive.

I tried launching the server with --log-level=debug, I do have a more verbose output, but nothing appears on my problem.

Do you have an idea about what I could do ?

Info :
Installation on an Ubuntu 12.04, with PostgreSQL 9.3.

Thanks for your help

Discard
Author

Okay, so in case someone happens to have the same question, I found the problem... Well the thing is that in Odoo 8 there is no more the "OpenERP server is running, waiting for connections..." line in the console to indicate that it's ready. It has been replaced with the line "Modules loaded.", which is not so clear. And the line "Computing parent_left and parent_right for table ir_ui_menu..." was misplaced, actually it had already terminated successfully, and the server was up all right.

could you please tell me how to migrate from openerp 7 to odoo 8?

Thanks. I came across the same terminal output. Updated twice! You save my day! Google place your answer on the fourth when i search "Computing parent left and right for table ir_ui_menu". It should be on top. And Odoo core team should fix the update the logging output.