This question has been flagged

I know that odoo claims that social is included in odoo v8. (with social I mean Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, etc).

When I include the share blocks in the web front-end on a page, it sometimes works (webshop products) and sometimes it only show the website title and contact information. this is especially true on the blog page itself, ( but almost any page except for the e-commerce pages)

How can I feed the correct information in the share button so it will actually share/tweet the information which is relevant on that page?

I know the facebook share parser (checked on facebook object debugger) is throwing some underwater errors about the meta description missing for "og:tittle" "og:image" "og:description" and therefore takes the website title and contact information map (fetch by facebook from google).

I tried to include the missing tags in the theme, that seems to work (at least the facebook object debugger is not complaining and find the tags without errors), but the share is still the same from the share button.

If anybody can give me a glue, or has a different share block module, that would be great!

Discard

hello Martin Temmink do you know how to integrate facebook and twitter in odoo v8

Author Best Answer

Actually I found out, that it was a problem with the Facebook share parser. After I contacted Facebook yesterday evening, this mornings it started to work without any further changes from my side.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Martin,

problem is solved today. See this commit. https://github.com/odoo/odoo/commit/02fb59fffa01440dae803998b8e4ef2373de53a3

Discard
Best Answer

Has anyone already some kind of usefull solution for the facebook problem ? or will odoo fix this, any information about this at all out there ?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

You can Include Social media integration by

Settings --> Website Settings --> Add the social media which you like!

Discard
Author

No, that's not what I mean. I have setup those links, and it's working on the e-commerce pages of Odoo, but not it's not working on the blog pages etc. That's the reason why I tried to include some basic Facebook share parser from Facebook. but that's not working also.