Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Show custom module for all users

By
Francisco Tobar
on 10/22/15, 8:56 AM 455 views

Good day , I built and install a custom module in Odoo v8 , which I can access if I'm logged as an Administrator user .The problem is that when entering Odoo with any user other than Administrator the module not appear.

In what maner I can give privileges to users to use my module ?? Or what I have to do to show my module at all?

Thanks!

Baiju

--Baiju--
| 5 4 8
Kochi, India
--Baiju--
ODOO technical and functional

I like learning new thing, especially technical thing. I am a quick learner, I can learn technical things very fast. I have good logical skill,  I have immense interest in programming.

e-mail id : baijuks@hotmail.com

Baiju
On 10/22/15, 11:05 AM

Hi,

To make it visible for other users you have to define Access rights for your model.

Each access right is associated to a model, a group (or no group for global access), and a set of permissions: read, write, create, unlink. Such access rights are usually created by a CSV file named after its model: ir.model.access.csv.

Create a folder named "security"  in your module and inside that create ir.model.access.csv file:-

and there you can define your Access rights.

Eg code:-

id,name,model_id/id,group_id/id,perm_read,perm_write,perm_create,perm_unlink
access_idea_idea,idea.idea,model_idea_idea,base.group_user,1,1,1,0
access_idea_vote,idea.vote,model_idea_vote,base.group_user,1,1,1,0

Hope this helps.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/22/15, 8:56 AM
Seen: 455 times
Last updated: 10/22/15, 11:05 AM