Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Share database between users

Sylvain Courant
on 7/14/14, 9:54 PM 1,100 views

I am new on odoo and I am trying something simple which should be by default:

I have 2 users, and the databases of customers is not shared between users. How can I share the access for both users?

Can you explain more with scenario ?

Mantavya Gajjar (mga)
on 7/15/14, 12:35 AM

I think you want to share the database, but dont want to share the customers details. right??

on 7/15/14, 12:50 AM

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 7/15/14, 4:09 AM

set up two companies - each user has rights to one company only. Customers can be linked to a company (so visible in that company only) or not linked (visible to both)

Sylvain Courant
On 7/18/14, 8:15 AM

Hi Kevin and Mantavya

Actually it s in only one company. Let s see the scenario

I create a company and I created a admin user. Let s call it "user 1".

With this user, I imported my customers database.

Then I created a new user: let s call it "user 2"

With this user 2, I can not see the customers database. My user 2 is responsible of everything (sales, accounting...) sso I have the windows customers (clients) but it s empty.

Where is the parameters which opens the database to all the users?

Thank you for your help

Have you checked to see if user 2 has the appropriate rights to view customers and sales? If so, have you also checked when opening a view that no filter is active (top right corner, should say something like "my sales" or "my").

Ludo - Neobis
on 7/21/14, 4:30 AM
Michael St-Georges
On 7/19/14, 2:59 PM

Make sure your users are part of the same sales team and there is no salesperson assigned to your customers.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 7/14/14, 9:54 PM
Seen: 1100 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM