Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Set country holidays in HR Module

Ana Hristova
on 2/7/13, 11:42 AM 6,718 views

Can anyone explain how to set holidays for the country that the customer is using and set those days as not working for the users in the system?

is it the coutry of a customer or the country of a user?

Camptocamp France SAS, Alexandre Fayolle - Camptocamp
on 2/8/13, 3:38 PM

i guess it's holidays for employees... so for users. OpenERP doesn't manage holidays of customers (it would be pretty useless, no? :p). The "customer" here is probably the owner of the OpenERP instance.

Quentin De Paoli (qdp)
on 2/10/13, 7:24 PM

Customer is the owner, sorry for the mixup

Mi-C3 Europa, Ana Hristova
on 3/5/13, 5:57 AM
Alan Bell
On 2/10/13, 10:37 AM

Firstly tag your employees by country, so I would give them an "England" tag for those getting English bank holidays and "Scotland" for those getting Scottish holidays etc.

Set up a leave type of public holidays, you can give it a meeting type of public holidays too.

create an allocation request for the full number of holidays in the year and leave type public holidays, set the allocation mode to be by tag and choose your "England" employee tag to apply it to.

now for each day that is a bank holiday create a leave request, again do it by employee tag so they all get the holiday together. Do this for all the holidays in the year and that should use up the allocation in full.

This really should be automatized by the official addon, IMO. It has been a long standing issue (I found traces of this discussion in 2007...) which really needs to be tackled by the editor.

Camptocamp France SAS, Alexandre Fayolle - Camptocamp
on 2/11/13, 5:36 AM

quite agree, maybe there should be a public holidays wizard or something to apply all the required bits automatically.

Alan Bell
on 2/11/13, 6:21 AM

seems a bit strange to me that public holidays are not being defined somewhere at 'contract', or 'Working Schedule"

on 8/29/13, 10:50 AM

What you say make sense for me , but I did everything that you said. But this part "now for each day that is a bank holiday create a leave request, again do it by employee tag so they all get the holiday together" I can not do it, because in my Odoo the Mode is readonly If I go through the menu Leave request... code ( ) In my installation is missing some configuration ?

Versão Integral, Anabela Damas
on 10/30/15, 6:45 AM

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 1/23/14, 5:46 PM

May be this can help you: Do a search in LAUNCHPAD for " Human resource next generation" or "addons-hr-ng" or "mmakonnen hr-ng", you will find what you need.

Can you guide me on how to use that module you suggested? It is so confusing for me.

on 11/5/14, 2:27 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 2/7/13, 11:42 AM
Seen: 6718 times
Last updated: 12/18/15, 9:35 AM