Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Set a 404 controller for v7.0

By
Nhomar Hernandez
on 10/19/13, 6:19 PM 1,167 views

Hello.

I have this problem, until now, i configure my nginx to manage 404 errors and redirect to a more informative page for my customers,

As you know it is an ugly hacking because directly to OpenERP:PORT it will not work.

What should be the correct way to improve this with a module that return a 404 qweb template (maybe a client action) but managed by OpenERP.

Many thanks.

How would OpenERP be able to handle a 404 if it can't be accessed? I might not understand the concept you're after. Using a 404 redirect via nginx has been good enough for our needs, and it basically only ever arises when OpenERP is completely down for some reason anyway.

Brett Lehrer
on 10/21/13, 3:47 PM

Sorry, but "Server Broken" is 50x approach, totally different from 404.

Vauxoo S.A. de C.V., Nhomar Hernandez
on 10/21/13, 4:57 PM

My mistake, thinking of the wrong issue. Where do you encounter a 404? I'm curious.

Brett Lehrer
on 10/21/13, 5:19 PM
Nhomar Hernandez
On 8/26/14, 10:25 PM

Nginx/apache is the only correct option for V7.0, I couldn't face other solution.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/19/13, 6:19 PM
Seen: 1167 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM