This question has been flagged
3 Replies

The company I am implementing OpenERP v7 for sells annual service contracts on their installed equipment.

Part of the contract is to provide a certain number of maintenance visits during the contract period. In addition there is an annual calibration of the equipment included in the contract.

What would be the best way to record this in the default contracts setup ?

Would it be possible for OpenERP to generate proposes dates for these contract visits and populate tasks for them ?

If possible I'd also like to be able to print off a period based report showing, for example, contract visits and calibrations due in the next month for scheduling purposes.

Discard
Best Answer

one improvement that we will probably do in v8 is the following:

• if you create a contract from a SO and this contract use a template of contract which as a template of project having tasks, the tasks will be duplicated in the newly created project.

Waiting for this, buy setting your products as MTO, service, produce; openerp will create one task in the project related to the contract.

Discard

We can see that works, after a SO is confirmed I see a Task in the general project AA. But how ist the contract you mentioned above related to this?

Very painful and confusing process. i was expecting the SO to be tied to the contract once confirmed. There is no relationship. It picks the customer's invoice payments .

Best Answer

The closest thing offered by Openerp to solve your problem is use the following;

Category : Services

Product Procurement method : Make to order Supply method : Manufacture

You have to create a product with the above attributes.

Discard
Best Answer

We have exactly the same usecase. I got a comment that this is not possible yet, but there will be an module currently beeing worked on and released soon. for reference see the link here: NO LINK BECAUSE of bad Karma WTF!

Simply google for "Manage service after sales in OpenERP 7.0"

Why is eveerything always so complicte with the OpenERP guys?

Discard