This question has been flagged

Hi all,

I am finding a little logical difficulty  in the serial/lot number.

Consider a product X with full lot traceability . Purchased it  and incoming shipments of 1 units and  for entire incoming receipts I entered the serial number  as 110011 and stored in physical stock.  Customer-TH requested for product X and delivery order is created and same serial number  110011 is entered and delivered to Customer-TH.

But Later I found ,While receiving products I entered serial number wrong. instead of 110111 , I entered 110011 and used in delivery also. OpenERP have a option to change the serial number master directly. So I changed it directly. But there is no warning/ alert it shows , if am trying to change. It updated the latest serial number to the product X but  my print  reports which I sent with delivery note carrying different serial number 110011 instead of 110111.

I can change the serial number multiple times and there is no track of it. This will lead to confusion. is there is any alert/ warning in OpenERP serial number master  to indicate the change in  serial number  which  is used in manufacturing or delivery order?

Thanks

Rajesh T K

Discard