This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I want that pressing the send mail button opens up my standard email program with a new email with the attached quotation, sale order or invoice. I need that because the sent emails from openerp needs to be in the sent folder from outlook afterwards.

Example: < a href="mailto:{partner_id.email}?subject=Quotation {o.name}&body=Some text&attachment=/web/report/?which=parameters">Send Email< /a>

Or how would I write such an action in python? What is the path to the report? How can I read the email address of the current partner_id in sale.order?

Thx!

Discard
Author Best Answer

Actually this was the wrong approach, too complicated.

Solved it by changing the email templates: - enable technical features for the users - goto Settings/Technical/Email/Templates) - Added CC ${user.email or ''}

So a copy of the email is being sent to the current logged in user. In Outlook you than can add a rule to automatically move the emails to the sent folder ... or a specific openerp folder ...

(this is just for testing - bare in mind when you update your openerp installation you will loose these changes - always put your changes in your own module!!!)

Discard