This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi all,

We need the following setup and I am trying to figure it our if it's possibile with OpenERP.

We have warehouse that deliver us products. We sell these products to different kind of shops (our customers). The shops sell these products to their customers. Once their stock runs out, they ask us for more products.

What we need is the following:

• Import sales numbers generated at these shops (.xls or .csv file)
  • Generate invoices from these sales numbers once a month (we collect numbers on daily basis, but we need to keep it stored till the end of the month) and send the invoice to the shop.
  • Stock information stored in OpenERP at these shops (or customers?)

Can anyone help us with this? How do we achieve this? Is OpenERP the system that can help us forward with this?

Thanks a lot!

Discard
Best Answer

Sounds to me like consignment sales to me. Yes it is possible to import sales orders. Depending on what format you receive the data. there might have to be some massaging of the data either manually or programatically. Who are you invoicing - the shop or the customer? Do they send you PO's for the orders? Are they using openerp? If so, you might be able to make use of the autodocument import capability in V 7. You can track stock in different locations. You can transfer the stock from one location to the other. Since the program is open source, there is nothing stopping you from doing a test. Its also a good idea to use one of the OE partners to help you with that evaluation.

Discard