This question has been flagged
2 Replies

So, I have a PDF report that is available in several languages. How can I enable the user to select a specific language of the report in the "Print" button?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Rui,

The best thing that you can do is the same behaviour as with a quotation / sale order. The language of the report there is based on the language from the customer filled in on the quotation. When you create a many2one to the res.partner you know for which customer the report is. Thanks to this many2one you would know the language from the partner and from there on you can translate the report. Have a look at the default quotation / sale order report and handling languages:

<template id="report_saleorder">
<t t-call="report.html_container">
<t t-foreach="docs" t-as="doc">
<t t-call="sale.report_saleorder_document" t-lang="doc.partner_id.lang"/>
</t>   </t>
</template>

This bit of the code will get the language from the partner and will translate the report to the correct language. Do note: in order for this to work you also need to have translations in your .po files ofcourse!

Yenthe

Discard
Author

Unfortunatelly that didn't work. When I retrieve the report it raises an exception: QWebException: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '_all_columns' I don't know if it's relevant but the report is on the product.product model.

Not working at all, and I couldn't find a solution online, most of the similar questions ended up unanswered.

Hii Yenthe, I want to know what would be the best approach to change language direction (LTR or RTL) for specific pdf report.

For example: A user with Arabic language sees the pdf report in RTL format, but I want that user to see specific pdf report, lets say Invoice document in LTR format but as usual RTL for other pdf reports.

I am looking out for the solution so long.

Best Answer

For Odoo 12 I copied the sale-order printing functionality sale_report_templates.xml

Discard