This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I have tried both version 7 and version 8.  

I have performed a clean install and loaded the apps that support Project Management. 

I have a user who has the access rights of Projects : Manager. 

The MANAGER user can create a NEW Project, but they cannot create a CUSTOMER for that Project.  This seems completely unusable. If I am the Manager of a project, it should go without saying that I want to create the customer for that project. 

The user is also a SALES MANAGER. As a sale MANAGER, i cannot create a new customer. Only the Administrator can create customers. This is a major issue. 

I have tried looking through the ACL lists. I have tried changing setting for forms and for user roles.  So far no change has allowed users of the system to actually USE the system. 

Please help point me in the right way as to what needs to be changed to make it so Managers of Projects and Sales can actually do their jobs. 

Discard

Can you post the error message you are getting? Creating customers an extremely basic function and I can assure you it is NOT common for people to have problems like the one you are posting about. Also, do you have any custom modules installed that may be affecting this? Visit demo.odoo.com, log out, and login with demo/demo and you'll see that a user who doesn't even have Sales Manager permissions can create Customers.

Author Best Answer

Sorry for late reply.  I found out it has to do with marking people as having administrator rights.  Unchecking a number of the rights fixed the problem. 

Discard