This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I want to give permission to warehouse user to read the location of warehouse

I added the menu Warehouse/Configuration/Location and it shows nothing

but when I add Warehouse/Configuration it shows all the menus inside Warehouse/Configuration

what can I do to show Warehouse/Configuration/Location ONLY?

Discard
Best Answer

There are 2 things that govern Menu Item appearance: Access Control List of the models and Groups in the Menu Item.

The Access Control List will display the menu for groups have access (albeit only Read) to the underlying model.  Thus, you can try to make one of the groups have access to stock.location model only and does not have access to all other model in that is listed in Warehouse/Configuration.  In other word, based on my quick search, the group should not have access to: stock.warehouses, stock.warehouse.orderpoint, product.uom, product.uom.categ, stock.incoterms, stock.journal, product.category.  As you can see, it would be difficult (or impractical) to have such group because usually the group that have access to stock.location should have access to most of the models mentioned above.

The Groups in menu Item will govern whether the menu appears or not if the user have access to the underlying model.  So, you can try to create a group, make the other menus aside from Warehouse >> Configuration >> Location to be only accessible by this group and don't give this group to the users that are supposed to only see Warehouse >> Configuration >> Location.

If the 2 options are impractical, I'd suggest that you create a group (say group A) and a new menu structure (child of Warehouse) and give the new menu to be accessible to the new group A.  The original Warehouse >> Configuration also need to be accesible by a different group (say group B).  Let the user that can only access Locations to belong to the group A but not group B.

Discard