This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

this is my first post on this forum, so thanks in advance to everyone.

I'm building a custom module that shows a form with a sub-list for a one2many field, similar to the invoice lines shown in the invoice edit form.

As this list could become pretty big (at least two pages) I would like to add a search field so that the user can narrow the list in the same way it can be done in 'full' tree views, by searching for example by Name field.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Frank

Discard
Best Answer

Based on your requirement to add subtree field in main form using related fields and add the related fields in search view.

Refer the Link In the example given sale order line Product details added in the sale order search box using related field.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the answer. The solution you linked is very useful and I implemented it as is (modules are very similar in structure), but I would like to search inside the form view instead of the main tree view.

Suppose that you are looking at the form and the 'line_ids' tree contains a lot of entries. Instead of looking at all the entries to find the one I want I would like to have a 'search' field (a simple text field is sufficient) so that when I type something inside this field the tree becomes 'filtered' showing only lines that are matching my search criteria.

Thanks,

Frank

Discard