This question has been flagged

Hello all,

I am facing problem with the OpenERP schedulers. The scenario is- I have some function which should be called once every day. I am calling this function through schedulers.

Now the problem I am facing is : the function executed properly for 3 days but on the 4th day it did not. Although the scheduler has advanced its nextcall to the next day. That means the scheduler called for 4th day too but it did not reach to the intended function. I have print statements at the start of my function. So on the terminal I can see if the function started execution or not. But to surprise it did NOT start execution for the 4th day. I have also checked the whole terminal to see if there was some error. There wasn't any.

Few days back I had same kind of problems. At that time I tried upgrading the base module. It did not work. So, I deleted the scheduler and created again and it worked. But this way we can't rely on so called schedulers.

I am helpless here. The scheduler shows it called but the actual function did not call.

Please help with your ideas. Thanks and Regards.

Discard

Do you have the 'Number of calls' field set to -1 ? (=no limit on how many times the method is called)

Author

Thanks Jaakko Komulainen . Yes, 'Number of calls' field is set to -1. Here actually the 'nextcall' field is advancing to the next day as it is scheduled to call once a day and the scheduler is still in the active state. That means scheduler is called. Only my method did not call neither it threw any error. Thanks for your reply.