This question has been flagged
4 Replies

The 'Equipments' app in Odoo 9 looks very interesting for my customers (even though the name screams 'Engrish' - is there a particular reason it's plural?), but I'm after some advice in making it more useful for my clients.

The system as-is looks like it's built for reactive maintenance - fixing things that have failed. There's nothing to allow you to perform scheduled maintenance, such as checks and calibrations.

What I'd like to do is have a 'scheduled date' column on an asset, so that I can have assets that will be worked on at some point in the future.

Even better would be a 'recurrence' feature (like that found in the calendar module) to let my assets have yearly inspections or calibrations that Odoo can then notify me of.

s there anything out there that can perform that kind of job? Can I hack at the Calendar module to invite 'hr.equipments' instead of users, and rig it so that when you create a maintenance ticket with a date attached that a matching calendar entry is created? 

Just looking for advice or suggestions on which way to go, as I've found very little documentation on the newer 9.0 apps. 

Discard
Best Answer

Take a look at the MAINTENANCE tab on each piece of EQUIPMENT that you create:

Next Preventive Maintence Date is calculated based on the Preventive interval entered (days).

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Steve,

I have the same question, did you manage to find a way to sechdule regular maintenance / inspections?

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

I have the same question.  I see where you can schedule one instance of maintenance but not recurring.  Even for preventative maintenance which is a little odd.   I have comm v. 11 so maybe its available on enterprise version?

Discard
Best Answer

@Steven @Kevin - did either of you work out a satisfactory solution?

Discard