Odoo Help

Scheduled / Recurring Maintenance on Equipments

By
Steven Harding
on 5/9/16, 1:55 AM 998 views

The 'Equipments' app in Odoo 9 looks very interesting for my customers (even though the name screams 'Engrish' - is there a particular reason it's plural?), but I'm after some advice in making it more useful for my clients.

The system as-is looks like it's built for reactive maintenance - fixing things that have failed. There's nothing to allow you to perform scheduled maintenance, such as checks and calibrations.

What I'd like to do is have a 'scheduled date' column on an asset, so that I can have assets that will be worked on at some point in the future.

Even better would be a 'recurrence' feature (like that found in the calendar module) to let my assets have yearly inspections or calibrations that Odoo can then notify me of.

s there anything out there that can perform that kind of job? Can I hack at the Calendar module to invite 'hr.equipments' instead of users, and rig it so that when you create a maintenance ticket with a date attached that a matching calendar entry is created? 

Just looking for advice or suggestions on which way to go, as I've found very little documentation on the newer 9.0 apps. 

Kevin
On 3/22/18, 3:20 AM

Hi Steve,

I have the same question, did you manage to find a way to sechdule regular maintenance / inspections?

Thanks

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/9/16, 1:55 AM
Seen: 998 times
Last updated: 3/22/18, 3:20 AM