Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Schedule call from Lead/Opportunity

Jerry P
on 4/2/15, 3:00 PM 1,075 views

When I click "Schedule/Log Calls" on a Lead/Opportunity, I am only given the option to Log a call, but not to Schedule a Call (Or edit scheduled calls). Am I missing something?

Also, there is no option for Meeting. Do I need to manually create this?

are you using openerp 7 or Odoo 8?

Shawn Varghese
on 4/6/15, 1:26 AM

Odoo 8, premise based.

Jerry P
on 4/6/15, 2:05 AM
Jerry P
On 4/6/15, 2:09 AM

Shawn, thanks for the help. Either I am still missing something, or Odoo is missing something. When I am on a lead and click on "Schedule/Log Calls", I am then given no option to Schedule a call. I have to click on Sales>Phone Calls>Scheduled Calls, click create, and now since I am no longer associated with the Lead, I have to search for the lead again to associate it. Also, I still don't have a meeting request button. I tried on both my premise based system and Odoo Demo/SaaS and same thing.

Yes, so that's what I had mentioned in my answer. Click on 'Scheduled/Log Calls', and in the form view that comes up, change just click the Pending or Confirmed states, and save it. This make it a Scheduled Call. By default, the state is set to 'Done', which makes it a Logged Call. You no longer get a menu to choose between scheduled and log call, because it is redundant. Hope I have understood your question correctly. I can try uploading a screenshot if that helps.

Shawn Varghese
on 4/6/15, 2:21 AM

Thanks for the quick response! I think I see now..I needed to click on Form View to get all of the options, I was just using the list view, so I couldn't change the status. Thanks!

Jerry P
on 4/6/15, 2:25 AM

Oh yea...my bad.... I had forgotten that I had customized the Scheduled/Log Calls button to open form view directly instead of tree view.

Shawn Varghese
on 4/6/15, 2:33 AM
Shawn Varghese
On 4/6/15, 1:26 AM

In Odoo 8, The schedule and log calls menus are essentially the same table, just different states. When you click on 'Schedule/Log calls', on the form view that loads up, you can choose the state (Confirmed,Cancelled,Pending,Done). You can change the state in this form by just clicking the state you want. I think Confirmed or Pending calls will be shown in the scheduled calls menu.

Also the meeting request button is present right next to Schedule/Log Calls in the lead form view. As far as I know, you needn't do anything additional to see it.

Have a look at this, and sorry for the terrible art work !

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 4/2/15, 3:00 PM
Seen: 1075 times
Last updated: 4/6/15, 2:25 AM