This question has been flagged
4 Replies

When I click "Schedule/Log Calls" on a Lead/Opportunity, I am only given the option to Log a call, but not to Schedule a Call (Or edit scheduled calls). Am I missing something?

Also, there is no option for Meeting. Do I need to manually create this?

Discard

are you using openerp 7 or Odoo 8?

Author

Odoo 8, premise based.

Author Best Answer

Shawn, thanks for the help. Either I am still missing something, or Odoo is missing something. When I am on a lead and click on "Schedule/Log Calls", I am then given no option to Schedule a call. I have to click on Sales>Phone Calls>Scheduled Calls, click create, and now since I am no longer associated with the Lead, I have to search for the lead again to associate it. Also, I still don't have a meeting request button. I tried on both my premise based system and Odoo Demo/SaaS and same thing.

Discard

Yes, so that's what I had mentioned in my answer. Click on 'Scheduled/Log Calls', and in the form view that comes up, change just click the Pending or Confirmed states, and save it. This make it a Scheduled Call. By default, the state is set to 'Done', which makes it a Logged Call. You no longer get a menu to choose between scheduled and log call, because it is redundant. Hope I have understood your question correctly. I can try uploading a screenshot if that helps.

Author

Thanks for the quick response! I think I see now..I needed to click on Form View to get all of the options, I was just using the list view, so I couldn't change the status. Thanks!

Oh yea...my bad.... I had forgotten that I had customized the Scheduled/Log Calls button to open form view directly instead of tree view.

Best Answer

In Odoo 8, The schedule and log calls menus are essentially the same table, just different states. When you click on 'Schedule/Log calls', on the form view that loads up, you can choose the state (Confirmed,Cancelled,Pending,Done). You can change the state in this form by just clicking the state you want. I think Confirmed or Pending calls will be shown in the scheduled calls menu.

Also the meeting request button is present right next to Schedule/Log Calls in the lead form view. As far as I know, you needn't do anything additional to see it.

EDIT:

Have a look at this, and sorry for the terrible art work !

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0504sgls34

Discard