This question has been flagged

We use odoo 13 CE for precious metal trading, In case we have a product as following:

Name: Product1

Weight: 100 Grams

Price: 100$

Cost: 95$

Sometimes we trade products with other merchants/vendors/customers, and they pay partially in cash and the rest in goods, or they pay the total dept in goods.

For example one customer buys Product1 and pays 40$ in cash, and clear his dept with additional 60 grams.

Is there some tweaks, or a way to add this feature in sales and purchase order, to make payments using goods and cash?

Discard
Author

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for your suggestion,

i need to split the payment in sales orders and invoices into what actually the customer have produced, 40$ and 60 Grams in exchange of one product.

using the currency is limited to one currency per whole record, i will not be able to know how much the customer has payed in gold and how much in cash according to the suggested scenario. i need to add the 60 grams to my warehouse, and 40$ cash to the bank.

Till now the solution am thinking about is to create a regular sales order with normal price 100$, then create a purchase order (connected to that sales order) for buying 60 grams with cost of 60$, and find a way for accounting and warehouse clearance.

but i believe there would be more reliable solution.

Thank you for help

Best Answer

Hello Sultan,

Have you considered creating another currency and set your precious metal in there?

By doing that, you can set the daily exchange rate for your local currency.

If you are using the product to produce another one, for example 15 g of gold to build a ring you can set the cost of this product using the current exchange rate for your gold currency.

Regards.

Discard